2021-2025 Long Range Plan
- Strengthen demand for beef as the world's most preferred and trusted protein.
Promotion, Research and Education
- The Industry Long Range Plan as the cornerstone of a strong state-national partnership.
- Research is the foundation of all checkoff-funded activities.
- Producer support, engagement, and control of checkoff funds are essential.
- Ensure beef’s inclusion in dietary recommendations.
- Educate medical, diet and health professionals, and K-12 educators about beef and beef production.
- Reinforce beef’s positive sustainability message.
- Promote the positive contribution the beef cattle industry makes to nutrient-dense, healthy and sustainable food systems and educate health professionals, K-12 and post-secondary educators, and supply chain influencers on the net environmental impact of beef and beef production.
- Align and collaborate with partners to tell the positive story of beef and beef production.
- Engage experts in developing fact-based messaging about animal care, beef industry sustainability, beef safety, and nutrition and identify, train, and develop grassroots representatives to serve as trained industry spokespeople.
- Invest in food safety, product quality, and nutrition research.
- Engage with organizations and private entities to support research to drive improvement in food safety, product quality, and nutrition science.
- Strengthen and protect beef’s reputation as a safe and wholesome product.
- Maintain and enhance crisis management and coordinated response plans, and monitor and coordinate media and public responses to issues that threaten the beef industry’s credibility and/or reputation.
- Promote the role of beef in a healthy and sustainable diet.
- Expand marketing and education efforts highlighting the role of beef in a healthy lifestyle and sustainable diet.
- Capitalize on innovative and convenient beef purchasing experiences.
- Build collaborative beef promotion partnerships to increase trial and usage, promote online marketing solutions, and engage customers in more interactive purchasing experiences.
- Implement strategic marketing campaigns focused on the highest opportunity market segments to communicate beef’s advantages.
- Develop target messaging that positively resonates with the highest opportunity market segments across media and promotional platforms to communicate beef’s compelling value proposition.
- Collaborate with targeted partners to invest in marketing and education programs that promote the unique attributes of U.S. beef and address export customer needs and values.
- Support industry partners to leverage Texas’s brand equity. and promote the unique attributes of U.S. beef in foreign markets.
- Increase stakeholder knowledge and support of the national and state checkoff programs.
- Educate Texas beef producers on the impact of state and national checkoff-funded programs.
- Engage industry partners to amplify checkoff messages.
- Cultivate relationships with industry partners and encourage them to share checkoff information.
The Board of Directors and TBC staff have completed a new five-year Long Range Plan to guide our work, grow our industry, and be good stewards of your checkoff funds. In any industry, it’s important to take a hard look at where you’ve been, where you are today and where you want to go in the future. The resulting plan is a useful tool with targeted growth strategies that will help guide TBC.
- Brad Hastings, TBC Chairman