January 05, 2021
Texas Beef Council Releases Program Evaluations Following November Meetings
AUSTIN, Texas (Jan. 5, 2021) - Texas beef producers can now learn more about how their Checkoff dollars helped drive beef demand throughout 2020. At its board meetings in late November, the Texas Beef Council (TBC) approved its FY 2020 program evaluations and released the results far earlier than in previous years.
“Our staff and board members agree that it’s important for Texas producers to learn what their Checkoff dollars are funding,” said Jason Bagley, TBC’s vice president of beef resources. “Rather than waiting until our full annual report is complete with financials early next year, we wanted to let producers know more about the successes that our programs had during FY 2020 as soon as possible. We couldn’t achieve our goals without their support, and their feedback is very important to us.”
2020 program evaluations are available at https://www.texasbeefcheckoff.com/checkoff-resources/annual-report/es/annual-report/. By reading about TBC’s programs, producers and other beef industry stakeholders can discover exactly how TBC achieved multiple milestones in FY20, including:
- A 24-percent increase in awareness of Beef Loving Texans (TBC’s consumer-facing brand)
- 6 million visitors and twice as many beef recipe shares at BeefLovingTexans.com
- 3 million views of the “BBQuest” video series featuring renowned chefs and pitmasters across Texas
- 361 million impressions for “All Plates of Life” and “BBQuest” ad campaigns
- Outreach to 5,000 Registered Dietitians and MDs about the benefits of lean beef in a healthy diet
- 7000-plus Beef Team appearances to raise awareness of how beef can fuel athletic performance
- More than 2000 culinary professionals now subscribe to the Beef Loving Chefs monthly newsletter
“From foodservice, culinary and retail engagement to consumer advertising and outreach, our 2020 programs have made a positive impact on beef demand and overall perception in Texas,” Bagley said. “We’re excited to share this information with the Texas producers who make all these programs possible, and we will continue to find innovative ways to grow beef demand in 2021.”
For more information about Beef Loving Texans and the Texas Beef Council, visit TexasBeefCheckoff.com.
The Texas Beef Council (TBC) conducts the $1 per head national checkoff program for Texas beef producers and is also the contractor for the Beef Promotion Research Council of Texas (BPRCT), which administers the $1 per head Texas state checkoff program. TBC’s mission is to increase beef demand in the state through programs of beef promotion, research and education. TBC also helps fund national and international beef checkoff programs to increase marketing opportunities around the globe. The BPRCT’s mission is to improve Texas producer profitability by strengthening and expanding beef demand. The TBC and the BPRCT are directed by a 20-member board of cattlemen and women representing the state’s beef producers. For more information on this and other checkoff-funded programs, please visit TexasBeefCheckoff.com or call 800- 846-4113.