December 13, 2023
TBC Releases FY23 Annual Report
During board meetings in late November, Texas Beef Council (TBC) approved and released evaluations of its fiscal year 2023 programs. This information is now available in TBC’s annual report titled “Bringing More Texans To The Table” which gives producers the opportunity to see how their Beef Checkoff dollars were used across promotion, research and education.
From crowning a winner of the first-ever Ultimate Beef Loving Texan Showdown cooking competition, to delivering beef nutrition messaging to 4,100 health professionals, and even launching a beef-centric nutrition program for high school and collegiate athletes, TBC continues building beef-loving communities with innovative programs.
“Every year TBC puts an immense amount of strategy, creativity, and planning into programs designed to make beef the protein of choice,” said Fred Schuetze, TBC’s 2024 chairman. “Reading the Annual Report is the best way to get a clearer snapshot of how Beef Checkoff dollars are being put to work on our behalf.”
A few key highlights from the report include:
- Reaching consumers 203 million times with paid advertising
- Driving 1.5 million recipe views to BeefLovingTexans.com
- Delivering beef nutrition messages to 4,100 health professionals
- Targeting online grocery shoppers through eCommerce campaigns, resulting in over 193,000 steaks added to carts
- Training 492 producers on Beef Quality Assurance practices through partnership with Texas A&M AgriLife Extension and Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association
Visit TexasBeefCheckoff.com/Annual-Reports to access the entire report that includes more Beef Checkoff-funded results across all programs.